Published On: September 4, 2017

It is not uncommon for festivals and concert events to sell alcohol being sold on the premises, which means there are certain rules and regulations that will apply. Event planners need to make sure they have proper event insurance, including liquor liability insurance, to protect themselves as well as festival and event goers in the event of an unforeseen accident or injury.

There are many potential problems that could you up to potential lawsuits and litigation, so it’s important to make sure you have the right coverage.

When Do You Need Event Insurance?

You need liquor liability insurance for your event anytime you are responsible for planning and hosting a festival, concert, or another such large-scale event in which any alcohol is served. This is very similar to the insurance required for bars because it can provide important coverage when unfortunate events related to intoxication occur.

Why Do You Need Event Insurance?

Most venues only have limited liability insurance to cover their interests, not yours. As such, you need to make sure your employees and vendors are fully protected. Without proper event insurance, you risk leaving yourself vulnerable to potential litigation and lawsuits should one of your employees, vendors, contractors, or guests get injured in some manner. You can think of it as bar insurance that covers you in temporary locations.

What Does Event Insurance Cover?

There are different types of event insurance coverage available, and you can get exactly what you need, including:

One of our commercial insurance agents will be happy to review what each type of event coverage to help you select the right plans for your festival and concert events.

What Protection Does Liquor Liability Insurance Offer?

This type of liquor liability insurance coverage provides protections against lawsuits in cases where:

  • Your employees serve or sell alcohol to minors.
  • Your employees serve an adult too much alcohol when they are clearly intoxicated.
  • Your employees, themselves, consume alcohol during the event.
  • Your employees or guests damage property.
  • An intoxicated person is involved in an accident.
  • An intoxicated person injures another individual.
  • An intoxicated person leaves the event, drives drunk, and causes an accident.

For example, one of the event goers has had one too many drinks, gets into his or her car to drive home, and drives into the side of the concert hall. Since you were hosting the event, the venue could hold you responsible for any damages.

Please keep in mind, these are just different types of situations where liquor liability insurance coverage will be beneficial for event goers and event promoters. Depending on your state and local laws, as well as requirements by the venue where the festival or concert is being held, they could require you to have specific coverages in varying dollar amounts.

What if I Am Not Serving or Selling Liquor?

If you not serving or selling liquor at your concert or festival, then you may not need liquor liability insurance. However, since guests may try to sneak in alcohol, you need to evaluate whether you could be held accountable for their actions should an accident or injury occur.

For further information about concert and festival event insurance, including liquor liability insurance coverage, please feel free to contact Tabak Insurance Agency at 281-712-2849 today.

Need help? Contact us today!

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

6 Insider Secrets

6 secrets that can save you thousands


4 tips to ensure your claim is approved

Commercial Insurance

What you need to know

Our reliable team members are available to answer any questions you may have. You can get a quote online by filling out our online insurance questionnaire or call us at 800-806-0689.

Get A Fast Online Insurance Quote