Laws and regulations in California get very specific around the food service industry, and an experienced insurance team like Tabak Insurance Agency can help you get the insurance you require. We offer affordable insurance plans that your business will need to operate successfully in the state of California. Here are a few ways our California restaurant insurance plans can guard against the dangers and costs of liability:
1. General Liability Protection
California labor codes include specific directives for restaurant owners and what forms of insurance they require. The most basic type of coverage your company will need is general liability insurance.
Certain general liability California restaurant insurance plans may be able to protect you from legal responsibility in cases of:
- Accidental bodily injuries as a result of services or products (such as slips, falls, and other accidents)
- Property damage (including personal property)
- Rental property damage by third parties
- Advertising liabilities (such as accidental copyright infringement)
- Medical costs from employee or customer personal injury cases
As Tabak Insurance agents are trained in California law, we can help you purchase the restaurant insurance plan you need. Once you have general coverage, more specific forms of insurance will also be required to operate in the state.
2. Liquor Liability Coverage
Legal claims related to alcohol consumption are very common issues that face restaurant and bar owners. Liquor liability insurance covers instances of risk and liabilities associated with selling alcohol to clients and customers.
Some examples include:
- Bodily injury related to the consumption of alcohol at your business
- Property damage associated with alcohol consumption
- BYOB (or “bring your own bottle”) policies that might exist at your venue or business
- Incidents that may happen due to alcohol during off-site catering services
In states other than California, circumstances surrounding the limited availability of liquor may be covered by a general liability plan. But if you own a restaurant in California that serves any alcohol, businesses are required to purchase specific liquor liability insurance. Work with our agents and we will find you the right policy to suit your specific needs.
3. Workers’ Compensation
If your employees become injured while on the job, plans that include workers’ compensation coverage can help protect you from the burdensome costs of medical care, lost wages, and legal consequences due to negligence.
Incidents covered by workers’ compensation insurance plans might include:
- Slips and fall during regular business hours
- Accidents and injuries that occur during overtime hours
- Injuries involving the operation of business machinery or appliances
- Incidents of long-term injury due to physical strain while performing everyday tasks
This insurance protects both you and your employees from the liability of losing access to work and wages. Under California Labor Code Section 3700, businesses are required to purchase workers’ compensation coverage through a licensed insurance company. Tabak Insurance is fully licensed to protect restaurant owners and their staff from the costs of on-the-clock injuries.
4. Errors & Omissions (E&O) Protection
Errors and omissions insurance is a unique protection in cases of negligence or loss due to the actions of outside services. While other forms of insurance protect you from direct actions like injury or harm, E&O insurance protects you from less tangible threats, such as:
- Loss of intellectual property or essential data due to a data breach
- Loss of revenue from the introduction of a faulty product or service
- Loss of trust due to incorrect representation from a third-party
- Accidents and liability due to misinformation or poor communication
Restaurant owners who sell alcohol may encounter particular difficulties where E&O insurance can step in and provide protection. These can include scheduling and supply errors, misunderstood policies, and even physical altercations that occur beyond your control. E&O insurance may provide useful coverage that other plans may not reach.
5. Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability Insurance
High-level executives in your company may require specific protection in cases of individual liability. Should executives make mistakes or cause an incident in their duties, D&O insurance can protect them and the owner from high individual costs. Some incidents that may be included in such protection include:
- Unintentional disclosures of personal employee information
- Accidental breaches of contract
- Financial loss due to poor but honest management practices
This type of protection does not cover executives who commit illegal activities or perform outside of their assigned roles. D&O insurance also often falls outside of the general liability umbrella in California. Ask our insurance agents if directors’ and officers’ insurance is right for you and your restaurant or nightclub.
Choose Tabak Insurance Agency for Reliable California Restaurant Insurance
Tabak Insurance Agency is proud to protect the livelihoods and investments of restaurant owners, club owners, and investors. We have saved our customers over 20% on insurance costs over the past years. Let our trained insurance agents find similar savings and protection for you. Guard yourself against risk and purchase reliable restaurant insurance with one of our knowledgeable agents today.